We will be changing our look due to the fact that another website is trying
to trick our readers intio thinking that their site is actually
this site. In order to maintain TCR's originality,
this site may undergo certiain asthetic changes. Feel free to
Thank you for your continued loyalty-
The Cramer Report
June 1, 2006
REGARDING ORPHAN STOCKS
The bottom line!:
Vote for one of these orphans:
BOOM, ELRC, NTCT, LAYN, or EGY,
by emailing your stock choice to
We'll reveal the winner on
- Small to mid cap - Less than
- Only one or two analysts on
- The company's based in the
- Insider buying
- No debt
- And, of course, sweet, sweet,
RAGS TO RICHES: STOCKS THAT HAVE MAD IT
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG)
- This stock was worth $10 and the company was worth $400 million, it got adopted
and now it is worth $4 billion.
- Whole Foods (WFMI)
- Five years ago WFMI was worth $1.7 billion and today they are worth
- Commerce Bancorp (CBH)
- They invented banking as if it was retail and they went from a $3
billion to $5 billion in the last five years
- Quest Diagnostics (DGX)
- They consolidated and went on an
acquisition binge and now the company is worth $11 billion.
- Chico's (CHS) - Five years ago this was worth $800 million and now it is worth $5 billion.
FRESH MEAT: CURRENT ORPHANS
- Dynamic Materials (BOOM) - A $320 million company covered by one analyst. 6% debt to capital ratio.
- Electro Rent (ELRC)
- They are a $421 million company with no debt and
one analyst covers them.
- NetScout Systems (NTCT)
- One analyst has it
going to $11 and it is at $8 right now. No debt and positive growth for
- Layne Christensen (LAYN) - A drilling and construction company. Water, minerals and energy is also their business.
- Vaalco Energy (EGY) - An orphan oil makes Jim scream.
All materials contained on this site, including
text, graphics, icons, still and moving images,
sound recordings, musical compositions, audiovisual
works and software, are the property of The Cramer Report ("TCR") or its content suppliers
and are protected by United States and international
copyright laws. The compilation of all content
on this site is the exclusive property of TCR.
You may not reproduce, modify, distribute or
republish materials contained on this site
(either directly or by linking) without our
prior written permission. You may not alter
or remove any trademark, copyright or other
notice from copies of content.
Artwork courtsey of